Recently I needed to install Windows 8 pro 64 bit on my Mac Book Pro. I'm not a big fan of virtualization software because they have less performance than bootcamp.
To install Windows 8 64-bit Bootcamp, nothing more simple:
- You must first obtain Bootcamp 4.0 on a dvd. The only way is to update Mac OS to the latest version of Lion Mountain.
- Once this step is completed, you will have to run Bootcamp. The system tells you it needs to download the latest version of bootcamp and asks if you want to put the drivers on DVD. you should answer yes.
- Once the burn is complete, it suffices to partition your hard drive using Bootcamp wizard.
- Then start the installation from a DVD of Windows 8 for MacOs. The computer should restart the installer.
- At first boot, you only have to install the DVD containing the drivers Bootcamp.
What is really great is that everything is taken care of and that the mac is really fast. In short this is really cool to have Windows 8 on a Mac, it works very well, and a nice pc
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.